Clearing Drain Clogs & Toilet Clogs At Your Tulsa, OK Home
Struggling with blocked drains? Recurring blockages and clogs can signal an issue farther in the sewer line or improperly installed lines. At Wooten Plumbing, we'll get to the bottom of the problem and help you carry out the best solution. Our drain cleaning and clog removal services are designed to help Tulsa residents enjoy long-term peace of mind. We will take the time to understand the issue and present you with options that will deliver the quality results you deserve.
With a team of highly trained and knowledgeable plumbers at your side, you can rest assured your clogged drains will be resolved quickly and efficiently.
Call 918-241-3900 to request drain or toilet clog removal services in Tulsa, Oklahoma, or the surrounding area.
What Is It That's Clogging Up My Drain?
There are quite a few things that can turn against you and block your pipes. Here are a few of the usual suspects:
- "Flushable" Wipes - We put the word flushable in quotes for a reason. Just throw them away.
- Feminine Hygiene Products & Diapers - These are made of cotton and other absorbent fibers that can easily fill your lines and attract other debris.
- Fat, Oil & Grease - Ever heard of a "fatberg"? Any kind of oily substance can get into your pipes and congeal into a thick, stubborn, and nasty blockage.
- Hair - When you shower, hair from your body can make its way down your drain, and this can quickly create a slimy clog.
Are There DIY Drain Clearing Tricks I Can Try?
Absolutely! We don't blame you at all for wanting to give it a shot yourself. Sometimes a clog is very small and easy to resolve without too much trouble. Here are some things you can try:
- Boiling Water - Sometimes it's just that simple. Fill a pot with water, bring it to a boil, and then carefully pour it down your drain. The heat can help loosen up clogs and get them flowing down the line.
- Shop Vac - If you've got a wet/dry shop vacuum available, it might be able to do the job. Set the vacuum to liquid mode, create as tight a seal as you can with the mouth of the hose around the drain, then turn it on. With luck, and if the clog is close enough to the drain, the vacuum will pull it right out.
- Baking Soda & Vinegar - When you combine these two chemicals it creates a fizzing reaction that is great for breaking up dirty, grime, or hair that's clogging up your line. Mix equal parts of both, then pour it down the drain and let it sit overnight. Afterwards flush with hot water.
- Baking Soda, Salt & Cream of Tartar - Take 1/2 cup baking soda, 1/2 cup salt and 2 tbsp of cream of tartar and put them together in a container you can seal up. Shake it up to mix the ingredients well, then pour about half of it down your drain. Follow it up with a pot of boiling water, and let it sit for an hour.
One thing we absolutely do not recommend is using commercial chemical drain cleaners. These harsh chemicals are not only a health risk for you and your family, but their overly caustic nature can damage your plumbing.
Trusted Drain & Toilet Clog Solutions
Smaller clogs can easily be taken care of by using a commercial drain cleaning machine to either snake out debris or break up blockages with an auger or cable - all while ensuring that your plumbing lines stay safe and unharmed.
Clogs that are farther in the sewer line or drain pipe may require hydro-jetting. This heavy-duty method involves blasting water through the line at a high pressure to effectively dislodge grease, corrosion, sludge and other debris.
Whether your plumbing problem requires drain snaking or hydro-jetting, our clog removal experts will make sure you receive the solution that works best for your home.
Preventive Drain Maintenance Can Help You Avoid Plumbing Emergencies
The last thing you want is to come home to a clogged toilet. But you can avoid unnecessary plumbing problems by regularly carrying out easy preventive maintenance tasks: using the garbage disposal carefully and avoiding disposing of difficult to process waste (coffee grounds, bones, pasta, etc.), being mindful of what goes down the drain or what gets flushed and pouring hot water down the drain weekly to remove waste accumulation.
Wooten Plumbing is here to help you achieve total plumbing peace of mind. We will guide you towards the most cost-effective drain cleaning and clog removal solution for your home and ensure that you continue to enjoy worry-free plumbing for years to come. Contact us online or call 918-241-3900 today for fast and reliable clog removal solutions.